The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science invites motivated international high school students to Los Angeles, California, to participate in a rigorous pre-engineering and cultural enrichment program at UCLA.
How to Apply
- Be an international student who requires a visa to study in USA. A tourist visa is sufficient
- Be a returning international high school student (15-18 years old at time of application)
- Demonstrate English proficiency (90 or higher TOEFL score or equivalent)
- Excellent performance in math and science
- Travel to Los Angeles, CA, USA and attend the full duration of the program
- Complete an online application/ questionnaire (link below).
- Write a personal statement about their genuine interest in engineering (in online application).
- Upload unofficial high school transcripts.
- Upload TOEFL, SAT, ACT, or IELTS score.
- Complete a video interview to demonstrate english listening/ speaking abilities.
- Mail in an official high school record of grades to William Herrera.
Mail Transcripts to:
Attn: William Herrera, Explore Engineering
UCLA – Henry Samueli School of Engineering & Applied Science
6426 Boelter Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Recommended Math courses include: Algebra, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus. Advance Placement and honors courses are preferred. Recommended Science courses include: Physics and Chemistry. Advance Placement and honors courses are preferred.
The Explore Engineering program is mentored by English speaking UCLA Engineering students. Therefore, ALL international student applicants must demonstrate a fluent mastery of written and oral English. For example, the average TOEFL score of international students admitted to UCLA Engineering undergraduate programs in 2014 was a 110. We highly recommend Explore Engineering students take the TOEFL exam and submit their scores as part of their application.